Shop Now

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

How is your weekend going?  Ours is pretty quiet.  The extra day off just means more time for running errands, cleaning and having a BBQ on Monday instead of Sunday.  Even though we’re not doing a lot, I am getting a lot done and sometimes that’s all I want.

After I ordered my project life album for 2011, I loved it so much I ordered a second album for all my 2010 photos.  I finally finished it last night.  A few of my favorite pages:

DSCN9904

DSCN9898

DSCN9899

DSCN9903

Since starting project life I hadn’t done a single traditional scrapbook page until last week.  I forgot how much fun it was to just play around with all the paper and embellishments I have laying around.

DSCN9880

DSCN9884

I am also working on my first furniture project.  I found a dining table on Craigslist a few weeks after we moved into  our house and it’s been sitting in the garage.  It’s really not a hard project, but just the fear of screwing it up makes me put it off.  Finally I couldn’t stand it any longer.  I had to keep telling myself that the worst that could happen is I mess it up and have to find another one.  Here is a before and after of the chairs:

The chairs are done now and I only have the table to do.  I’m hoping by next weekend everything will be finished.

3 comments:

  1. great job on the chairs! i can totally relate to the feeling you had about not starting a project for fear of messing it up.... (what is that about, anyway?!) be sure to post pic of the table when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a transformation! I hopped over from Thrifty Decor Chick link party. Have no fear.....you are doing a great job! Love the chevron fabric!

    ReplyDelete